Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Long-Awaited Hamster Post

Yuki and I got a hamster two weeks ago.  His name is Hurley (Hugo "Hurley" Reyes), named after the Lost character.  His older brothers at the pet store were all big and fat, so we expect him to become fat... so yeah, named him Hurley.

Hamster Habitat:


One of his little wooden chewy blocks:


And here are a couple photos of Hurley himself.  I didn't want to use a flash or too much light because hamsters like the dark, so the photos are a little blurry.  I tried to get him to sit still by giving him a large yogurt drop treat, but he promptly shoved the treat into his cheek pouches and continued running around...




Eeeeeeeeee, hamster. :)

I've taken a brief break from outdoorsy stuff to talk about great things like Easter eggs and hamsters, but next week it'll be back to outdoors and exercise, probably with a post about my new climbing gear and the upcoming Vacation of Champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment