Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tunxis Trail Quiz Time!

This weekend, I went backpacking with Ken on the Tunxis Trail in northern Connecticut.  We had a good time, and saw lots of interesting things!  I had to Google them when I got back to figure out what they all were.  Now it's your turn to guess what they are!

In order of appearance:

1. Little orange lizard-like animals were in wet areas along the trail.  They were 1-2 inches in length, very cute, and due to their color, pretty easy to avoid stepping on.  What do you think they are?



2. Speaking of stepping on... I stepped on a snake. :-(  It made a funny sound.  But I'm pretty sure it was okay, because it was still moving around a bit (though looking kind of stunned) when I left it.  It was gone the next day when we passed by again.  I didn't get bitten, and it didn't get killed.  So, how close of a call was it?  What type of snake was it?



3. Weird green spheres, apparently growing out of leaves, were along the side of the path.  What could they be?


4. Dark green/teal-colored wood was found in a few places along the trail.  What makes it green?


I will post the answers next time!  Until then, think think think and take a guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment