Sunday, June 20, 2010

boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing

A week and a half ago I was in St. Louis at a place called Sky Zone, and it was the most amazing trampoline experience I've ever had.  Sky Zone is a trampoline franchise, catering primarily to younger kids but super fun for energetic and fun-loving adult types. 

Sky Zone provides people with rooms full of end-to-end trampolines.  Even the walls are made of trampoline, so you can bounce off of anything you want to!  How easy is it to land on the metal part between the trampolines and hurt yourself?  Probably pretty easy.  My cousin broke the growth disc in her foot at Sky Zone (but don't worry, it healed and her feet are still the same size as each other).  But come on, be adventurous, sign a waiver, and risk it!  My cousin, even after the injury, was happy to come back and trampoline with me and our brothers --- that's how fun it is.

Check out their home page for an idea of what this is all like, with bouncy video footage! http://www.skyzonesports.com/

My housemates sitting next to me as I write this think that the sport looks like a fabulous way to break things, but if you're careful I think it's...well, safer than it looks.

Here's the best part: there is a location coming soon to Boston, or so their website claims!  I will be following this closely, and when it opens (if it does, in this economy), I will form up a giant bouncing mob and we will take the place by storm!  Probably only one in ten of us will get a serious injury.

boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing boing

3 comments:

  1. I went to a place just like this in Santa Clara called Sky High. I can report that the injury rate on our team was only about 1 in 20 (my manager landed on his hip on one of the not-very-padded dividers), although the dread of certain mishap if I were to try anything really cool (read: dangerous) kept me inhibited.

    We played some trampoline dodgeball, but in the end I think just bouncing around was the more compelling part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 in 20, that's not so bad! :-) I agree with your comment about the bouncing around being the most compelling part. The trampolines are sooooo bouncy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would come do that!

    ReplyDelete