Sunday, August 22, 2010

Finishing Up These Arizona Posts

A few weeks ago, I finished up writing about Arizona...but didn't have the final set of photos from the camera.  Now I have gone across the country just to download these photos, and I am now prepared to show them to you!

I will show you photos of the Devil's Bridge hike, and then Arizona Miscellany, and then I'll really be out of Arizona photos.

Devil's Bridge

When we hiked to Devil's Bridge, we noticed many colorful place names nearby:


We got lost, and took a special route through the backcountry.  Here's Mom on our special invented trail:


And here's the view down to the real trail below:


Here is Devil's Bridge from below.  Devil's Bridge is a natural rock bridge.


If you're feeling lucky, you walk across it!  What are the chances the rock will give away just for you?  Here I am, feeling lucky:



Dad felt lucky too:



If you look at my most recent post on Arizona, you can get links to youtube videos of people doing stupid dances and cartwheels on Devil's Bridge.

Arizona Miscellany

Flora is spiky:

 




The final red rock desktops from Sedona that you will receive from me!



Fun game: spot the spiders!


Here's an example of a hand hold that I thought rock climbing gyms just made up.  Apparently these finger-holds do exist!


 

That wraps it up for Arizona!  Next week, it's glacier hiking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment