Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Scholarly Interlude

My life has been largely consumed with graduate school lately.  Tonight, I will post some nice images from recent work.  Part of being a grad student, perhaps, is recognizing that most people don't care about the details of what you're doing... so I will post these mostly without comment and just invite you to look and enjoy. :-)

Here are two pretty graphs that Dad made for me for a homework problem:


Here are some graphs related to something I made up called the Shatner Equation (named after the man himself, of course):


And here is an image from lab.  These are two worm embryos, one in a very early stage and one in a very late stage.  The embryo on the right is an embryo just completing it's very first cell division.  The remnants of the spindle structure are still visible.  The embryo on the left is a fully-formed larva, just about to hatch.


*yawn*

Okay, time to go get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment