Sunday, October 31, 2010

Obligatory New England Trip Report: Apple Picking

My parents visited me a couple weeks ago, and Mom and I did that New England thing and went apple picking.  Here are some pictures!

This is Mom:


And I have this apple on my head for some reason:


One of the issues with apple picking is that each year, you learn the names of all the apples and then you forget them by the next time October comes around.  If I write them here, then I can check next year.  This time, I learned that "empire" apples were the tasty ones, with "mutsu" apples coming in second.  Here I am with a tasty empire tree!


Empire apples are possibly the prettiest apples:


And they grow on trees, looking like big grapes!


There were so many apples that they were just lying everywhere in the paths:


Here's an especially pretty one.  It was especially tasty, as well:


That's about it for apple pictures, but here is a cloud.


Cheers from New England!

No comments:

Post a Comment