Sunday, November 28, 2010

Half Birthdays Are Awesome.

Half birthdays are those things you celebrate when you are about 6 years old, and you still think that half years are significant qualifiers to your age.  So, when I mention my half birthday these days, people tend to think that I'm a dork.  That's okay, though!  It turns out that half birthday parties are awesome.

Saturday was my half birthday, and I had ice cream cakes.  One of them said "Happy Birthday" in frosting, so I cut off half the letters and ended up with "Hap Birth."  On two occasions, groups of people started singing me the birthday song and stopped halfway through.  Then, one of my friends gave me half of a six pack of soda, and another friend gave me half of a bottle of scotch!  (Ken also got me a full present -- a metronome -- because half a metronome isn't very awesome.)

The Talus Slopes blog heartily endorses half birthday parties.  Unleash your inner six-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment