Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Boston Blizzard Photos

Snowy blogging time!


The Northeast is in the middle of a storm right now.  It hit around midnight last night.  Pretty much all the snow in these photos was been dropped in the last 15 hours.  I ventured into the blizzard for a walk, and here's what I saw!

Near the home, my housemate Karl's car and assorted other things:




The street I live on:




Everyday things covered in snow:






Columbia Street, by the basketball court:



Chunky snow:



The always-delicious Dosa Factory, still open for business in this weather:


Tunnel to Central Square:


A strangely-empty downtown:



Near the Park Street station:


Boston Common:


Not pictured: the suspiciously brown-tinted ice covering the Charles River.

The gym's closed due to weather, so I guess I'll go shovel snow for a half hour.  Stay warm!

3 comments:

  1. I haven't actually observed the Charles, but did recently come across this article in the Globe about its color: http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/12/29/charles_rivers_yellow_tinge_perfectly_natural/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic. Can't wait to get out for Mystery Hunt this year to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that color is natural, and not the result of sketchy Charles chemicals.

    I'm back inside now after a snow shoveling session, and am now on my third cranberry slushy of the day. :)

    ReplyDelete