Friday, April 22, 2011

A Return To Talus

It is official: Iron Blogger is back on!  My friend Eli Stickgold started a blog called Nemesis Program, and as it appears neither of us can blog on a regular basis without the threat of buying each other beer, we restarted Iron Blogger.  If either of us misses a post, we owe the other a beer.  The current plan is to post once every 2 weeks.  Eli will, no doubt, be disappointed that I am making this week's Friday deadline. 

In honor of the re-start of Talus Slopes, today's post will feature photos of talus slopes themselves!  I consider myself somewhat of an expert on the subject.  My other Eli friend, Eli Alford-Jones, can back me up. 

Talus slopes are generally formed when rocks break off of a cliff face or mountain.  The rocks tumble down the slope, coming to rest in a large pile of "talus."  A majestic example:


Snow-covered talus:


Off-roadin' through the talus:


Endless talus slopes:


And finally, here is a photo of me, supporting an entire talus slope on my back while climbing Mt. Adams in Washington.


No beer for Eli Stickgold this week!  

Welcome back to Talus Slopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment