Thursday, May 5, 2011

Winter: A Retrospective

Now that Spring is thoroughly upon us, let's look back at the photos of wintery Boston, Pittsburgh, and skiing photos that I never got around to posting.


Boston

(Boston first.)  It was so cold that the statues curled themselves into little balls to keep warm:


There were huge snowflakes:


...leading to snow accumulation.



Steam clouds at MIT:


Pittsburgh

In Pittsburgh, things were covered in ice:


There were deathsicles, and a dog named Rusty.  Unrelated.



Mount Sunapee Skiing

Ternus and I went skiing up at Mount Sunapee in New Hampshire.

 

The skiing was cheap, as there was a weekday student discount, and the slopes overlooked a beautiful frozen lake:


I was using my wonderful new skis, so I took them for a trip down the endless mogul field.



I'm still pretty bad at moguls, but I am working on it.

Happy Spring, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment